We require our users to create an account before they use our platform, this is to deliver the best experience for the user, allowing them to have all their activity stored in one place. We ask for your basic information to create an account such as your name (which is displayed to your trainer) and an email address so that you may login to the application (we don’t use passwords, just login codes that are emailed). The data you submit to us is used only for the purpose of functionality, that is using our platform or improving the service. We may employ the services of third parties such as developers for the purpose of bug fixing and the introduction of new features. During the period of work they may have access to the personal information you have submitted but we will only work with such third parties that are GDPR compliant. As such, your data is stored on infrastructure hosted in Amazon Web Services. Feel free to contact us using the email address given towards the end of this policy if you have concerns over your data.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Data: collectively all information that you submit to Radius Social Limited via the Application. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Radius Social Limited, or us: Radius Social Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11310911 whose registered office is at 27 Old Gloucester Street London WC1N3AX;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Application for legitimate purposes and is accessing the Application in connection with the provision of such services.
1. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
3. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
4. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
5. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
2. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Radius Social Limited is the “data controller”. This means that Radius Social Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
1. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
2. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
3. IP address (automatically collected);
4. operating system and version(automatically collected);
5. Location data;
6. Fitness data you connect to the application, e.g. from Apple Health and Google Fit,
7. Photos, Videos (with or without audio) you share via the app with your Trainer;
8. Data you upload, such as details on food consumption and measurements;
9. Messages you exchange with your Trainer
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
1. We collect Data in the following ways:
1. data is given to us by you; and
2. data is collected automatically.
DATA THAT IS GIVEN TO US BY YOU
1. Radius Social Limited will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
1. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
2. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
DATA THAT IS COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
1. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
1. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
OUR USE OF DATA
1. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Application. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
1. Provision of the service in the Application;
2. internal record keeping;
3. improvement of our products / services;
2. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to remove your data (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
3. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
WHO WE SHARE DATA WITH
1. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
1. Amazon Web Services to provide cloud computing services
2. Your Trainer to allow them to monitor your fitness activities and for them to allocate exercise programs to you
KEEPING DATA SECURE
1. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
1. access to your account is controlled by a session which is created when you login via your email address and a login code.
2. we store your Data on AWS infrastructure that utilises encryption at rest and in transport.
2. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
3. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit http://www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
2. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
1. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
1. Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
2. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
3. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
4. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
5. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
6. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
2. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
4. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
1. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
2. We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
3. To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL
2. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
3. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
3. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
4. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Radius Social Limited by email at email@example.com